Saturday, April 18, 2009

"A Little Taste of Heaven"


"Surveying the North Forty"


"Farmall of My Mental Health"

Oil Paintings by John Hinderliter

John Hinderliter grew up on a farm in Northcentral Pennsylvania, thought he was done with it and now paints it all the time. Go figure. “I’m drawn to old vehicles and tools because I believe they become imbued with the spirit of the person who spent years using them. Plus, the shapes and shadows of old trucks and tractors are just cool as hell to paint. I’m always fascinated by shadows, what they reveal as well as hide, and the mix of colors they contain. Traveling with me is always filled with miles spent on back roads looking for inspiration – the abandoned pickup, the beat-up old car with mismatched doors, the rusting tractor, all testifying to a life of work and usefulness. What more could a person ask for?”

No comments:

Post a Comment