Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Lucy, Agnes, Evangeline and Scarlet"

"My Neighbor's Cows"

"Harvest"

Watercolors by Kit Paulsen

Kit Paulsen was always aware that she had been a farmer in another life. Ever lured by the moody Pennsylvania countryside, she is now surrounded by all she had ever hoped for as subject matter on a 95 acre farm. “I love the process of putting down what I see, of finding the poetry of place,” says Kit. “I try to embody why a scene draws me to it…it
could be texture, in the way the hide of a black cow reflects the colors around it…or color combinations, the way purple against orange vibrates in the fall landscape. Often the strong gold light of afternoon is so captivating I am forced to put down the laundry basket and paint the way the sun glitters on my white chickens.”

No comments:

Post a Comment